It is a rough road that leads to the heights of greatness.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A Mouth-Watering Experience









                      Food is one of the greatest gifts of God to all of us. All of us could never live without food. Besides, who doesn’t want to eat anyway? There is no one here on earth that doesn’t feel hungry. I myself am a food lover. I eat all the time but luckily, I don’t get fat. I’m going to post about food. I’m sorry if I make you hungry but I hope you’ll enjoy this post!

I don’t go to restaurants and fast-food chains much but I listed my favorite of them. Probably, my favorite is Kentucky Fried Chicken or KFC for short. My reason is that I find their chicken very delicious. Since I was a kid, my mother brings me to KFC for lunch or dinner and until now, I still find their food mouth-watering. One more thing is their gravy. I find it so awesome and extremely delicious. They also often add new recipes to their menu and I find them pleasant for my tongue.  

I’ve also listed some of the food that I love to eat.

My first of the list is of course, rice. Filipinos love to eat rice. And because I am a Filipino, I also love rice. It makes me full everytime I get hungry. Rice is also heavy to the stomach so it takes quite a long time before you get hungry again. The good thing about rice is that there are a lot of recipes that would be great with rice. Another great thing about rice is the fried rice or “sinangag” as we call it here. It is rice that is of course, fried and mixed with other food such as vegetables, meat and others.

Food for Breakfast
As much as possible, I always eat breakfast. I don’t want to skip it because it gives me energy throughout the day. I don’t know about you but for me, without breakfast, I feel weak and unable to do a lot of stuff. I am unable to think well in school when I skip breakfast so I make sure I eat a lot in the morning.


One of my favorites for breakfast is the traditional egg and bacon especially if it is with rice. It gives me the appetite to eat a lot in the morning. The truth is, I am an egg lover. I find eggs delicious and it is also nutritious so it’s is something that I always eat. I am also a meat lover. I prefer meat more than vegetables. That’s also the reason why I like bacon.


I also prefer for breakfast Hash Brown. I eat Hash Brown for breakfast not only because it’s delicious but is also easier to eat. Whenever I’m almost late for school because our family overslept (laughs), I tell my mom to cook ready-to-cook hash brown.

Beverage for breakfast
During breakfast my favorite drink is hot chocolate. It helps me to be awake early in the morning. It also gives me energy for the day.

Food for Lunch and Dinner
Bulalo


I really love to eat something that we call “bulalo” to go together with rice. It is a famous Filipino dish. It is like beef stew. The main ingredient for it is beef so the soup is really tasty. It would go great especially if the atmosphere is really cold. The downside is, it is full of cholesterol.




Lechon Paksiw


This is something that I rarely eat but when I do, I eat a lot! Did you ever feel like you’re already full but you still want to eat more? Well I feel it whenever I eat this dish. I just can’t get enough of it. It is a common dish for us Filipinos. It goes along with rice. The soup is so delicious when you mix it with rice. You should try it sometime. 





These are my top two favorite Filipino dishes and I plan to post more some other time.



Beverage
For lunch and dinner, I only drink water most of the time but I also drink soft drinks, juice, and iced tea.
Other Food That I Love to Eat
Pizza
Almost everyone, if not all, knows and loves pizza. Pizza is just pizza! It very delicious! Who could resist eating pizza? Well not me. I sure love pizza. I’m sure you do too.

Pasta
I enjoy eating a lot of pasta. I just can’t get tired of eating them. I’m not really a pasta lover but I still enjoy it a lot.  From spaghetti, Lasagna, and other pastas, I just eat a lot when faced with these tempting, delicious food!

As you can see, I really love to eat rice and dishes that goes well with it. In my three meals a day, you can always find rice. I plan to show more of my favorite food some other time so be sure to keep in touch!

Links to the images I used:







No comments:

Post a Comment