It is a rough road that leads to the heights of greatness.

Monday, March 7, 2011

Uniting and Taking Action For One Goal

                The past months were very busy months for me. We had a lot of work to do. Tough works, difficult tasks, and several hardships came across me and my team or group mates.  We joined the National Cyberfair that was launched last February 2011. Although it was hard to create a website, it was also a lot of fun and it was a very enjoyable experience.
                This experience I had was the first time that I joined a competition involving many schools and a lot of fellow students. I enjoyed it although at first, I was hesitating in joining the said competition. I was hesitating because I’m not really good at creating a website. It’s a good thing that I took the challenge and accepted the tasks that were waiting ahead of me.
                Our Category in the Cyberfair was the Local Culture, Music, and Arts. We chose to create a website about a very famous festival in my hometown Baguio City. It was called the Panagbenga Festival. It focused on flowers which were very common in our place. I enjoyed gathering more information about this festival and I also enjoyed taking pictures of the festival. Of course, I had some difficulties in helping create the website but it was all worth it. I am very thankful to all my friends and group mates who helped in creating our website. Through this competition, I was able to be more close to my friends. I am also thankful to Mr. Vincent Tabor for teaching us HTML, CSS and helping us in a lot of ways.
The theme for CyberFair 2011
is "Take Action and Unite!"
Youth are challenged to publish original research projects that focus on how the positive actions and contributions of their local citizens have the power to improve, preserve and unite their community.
"There are risks and costs to a program of action. But they are far less than the long-range risks and costs of comfortable inaction." - John F. Kennedy
In partnership with the World Future Society, students are also encouraged to also prepare for the future - by thinking about the possible future, the probable future, the preferable future and the preventable future. Projects that best illustrate "future thinking" are invited to the World Future Society international conference in Vancouver, Canada, July 2011, "Moving from Vision to Action."
                I learned a lot during the Cyberfair competition. It helped me be more cooperative. It also helped me spend more time and be closer with my group mates. I learned the important value of teamwork. It also helped me realized the importance of flowers. I will never forget this experience. I will value it for the rest of my life. :D
                By the way, the site we created could be seen in http://baguioinbloom.info/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment